How do I upload a photo/image to my website?
To add images to the general content of your website, you have several options:
- Add an image directly onto a page (see below).
- Add a Header image, which is only possible on some of our designs.
- Create an image slideshow using a widget. (Great for larger images, as a focal point on a page).
- Create an image gallery using a widget (Displays images in square tiles that users can click on to enlarge).
- Create an image list using a widget (Great if you want to display images in a list with text beside or under them).
- Create an Instagram gallery, using a widget, which pulls images from your Instagram profile.
How do I add a single image directly onto a page?
- In the editor, put the cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Click the image icon in the content editor.
- Click on the Choose/upload button
- Choose the folder you want to store the image in and then click on Upload image.
- Choose the image from your computer and then click Upload image. The image should appear in the Image properties box. You can do a little bit of resizing or alignment if needed.
- Click OK and you'll see the image appear in the editor.
How do I align an image right/left?
- Follow the steps outlined above to upload an image, until you reach step 5.
- In the Image Properties box, you will see Alignment on the left-hand side. Choose either Left or Right from the drop-down menu, according to whether you want the image to align to the left or right.
- Click OK.
To realign an image that you have already added to the editor:
- Right-click on the image.
- Choose Image Properties from the small menu that appears.
- The Image Properties box will appear. You will see Alignment on the left-hand side. Choose either Left or Right from the drop-down menu, according to whether you want the image to align to the left or right.
- Click OK.
How do I know how big an image should be?
Find out the correct size for each image here.
How do I resize my images?
Photoshop is a great creative tool for adjusting images, if you have access to it. If not, then you can use a free image editor. You can find some through an internet search. Some examples are Pixlr, Pic Monkey, Gimp, Lunapic, Picresize.