A notification bar is a great way to get the attention of your website visitors. It's a thin bar that sits at the top of every page on your site. In the bar, you can add some text and a button, which can link to anywhere you like.
Some ideas to put in your notification bar:
- Key point of differences your product/service offers
- Special offer (e.g. promotion, free shipping, discount code)
- Announcement (e.g. new product, upcoming event)
How do I add a notification bar to my website?
- Go to Website > Settings > Notification bar.
- Add some Text (this is required in order for the bar to show).
- Optionally show a button by entering some Button text and Button URL. The Button URL can link to a page on your site, or an external link (opens in new window).
- Amend the colours to match your design. We've kept these separate from the main design colours as you're likely to want the notification bar to stand out.
- Click Update.
The notification bar will now show at the top of the website.
What happens if a user clicks the close icon?
We hide the notification bar for the duration of their visit. It'll re-appear when they come back, as you may have changed the message.